Monday, January 13, 2014

First post of 2014 - Franners!


So at Christmas just gone, the awesome Aine McGuinness organized an art swap for a bunch of people. I got one of my best friends, Fran Johnston!!!

So I decided to do a drawing of Fran himself, in a style I thought he would like. (Aine's :P)



I was pretty happy with how this turned out. It's mainly cobalt blue ink, tried to keep it nice and christmassy.

So I did tonnes of drawings to get this right, but I'm only gonna post a selection of previous Fran drawings.

The first version of Fran I loved, from back in 2008 (i think)



The cleaned up version, obviously.
An early sketch for the idea I had of the picture.


Fran sitting at his desk. Drawn for the caricatures wall.
I like this one, a cartoony version!
But this is probably my favourite of them all!
some roughs, you can see some other picture ideas in here.
more roughs
even more roughs!




2 comments:

Fran Johnston said...

Jayziz Teehan! I'm well impressed with the amount of study work. cheers dude!

Áine said...

Deadly stuff Jamie... So happy you took part in it!