Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Life drawin'

So Boulder has set up life drawing sessions for us in work. Been a couple of years since I sat in a room doing this, so alot of the work was fairly rough, but I was happy with a couple, and most had some sections I liked.  They were all gesture drawings ranging from 30 secs to 5 mins.

 

 The First 2 were from the first 30 mins section. The first drawing was picked out during the review as a good drawing by the people in the class. Was a bit shocked by that. The last drawing was picked out during the second review. It was picked for the change in approach I used. I tried to use purely straight lines for it. I wanted the pose to look ridget like model appeared to be.

Within 5 minutes of being in the class I was pretty happy. Although I dropped into some old techniques I like to think Beth Spenader was sitting behind me egging me on again. The drawing off the page was at times a deliberate thing. Working on A3 I wanted the drawings to be too big for the page (something Beth use to encourage me to do in college)

No comments: